Okay so who has seen the movie “Hustler” with Jennifer Lopez in it? If you haven’t seen it, go watch it. I will admit that this blog post was 100% inspired by that movie because I fell in love with all the fur coats that J.Lo wore in the movie.
Disclaimer: all the coats shown below are faux fur.
Another disclaimer: I know I’m no J.Lo but hey, a girl can be inspired, right?
Anyhow, the main reason for this pose was because I wanted to share some cute fur coats that won’t make you look like a giant teddy bear. I’ve tried on SO MANY faux fur coats and after a few trials (and major fails), I’ve narrowed down to a few key style characteristics that will avoid making you like a teddy bear.
1) Look for fur coats that have lines cutting through the fur
2) The more fur on the coat, the shorter the length the coat should be
3) Balance out the coat by wear skinny jeans, leggings or tight leather pants
4) Leave the coat unbuttoned (I realize that the purpose of a fur coat is to keep you warm but sometimes you have to sacrifice practicality with style
5) If you’re still not comfortable wearing fur all over but still want to incorporate faux fur into your wardrobe, opt for a a fur vest instead.
The one thing I love most about fur coats and vests is that you don’t have to put much thought into wearing it. You can wear all black or a simple white shirt with jeans; then throw on the fur coat and you’re ready to go!
Below are the some faux-fur coats that I’ve tried and recommend (excuse the dirty mirror). My favorite is definitely the long coat. It keeps me warm and I can wear it practically every day by dressing it up or down.
Up close so you can see the quality of the fur:
Direct links of where you can purchase the coats:
For those who want to know where i got the leather pants from: H&M High Waist Pants (make sure to size up at lease one or two sizes!)